The statistics are staggering: 44 percent of lesbian women, 61 percent of bisexual women, 26 percent of gay men, 37 percent of bisexual men and nearly half of transgender people will be raped, attacked or stalked by an intimate partner in their lifetime. We need to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act with modest but meaningful improvements that enhance our nation’s response to these heinous crimes.
More than 150,000 California children dropped out of federally funded health insurance programs in 2018, a trend some experts blame on the Trump administration’s anti-immigrant policies and efforts to upend the Affordable Care Act.
For years, Dorothy Lowery, 72, of San Pedro has struggled to get by on the less than $700 a month she receives in Supplemental Security Income.
That changed on June 1, when Lowery and about 500,000 other seniors and disabled people in California who receive SSI became newly eligible for food aid.
As a researcher and as someone who, like many in my generation, has faced sexual harassment on more occasions that I care to consider, I hope my research team’s new study, “Measuring #MeToo in California,” will help show how prevalent sexual harassment is, so we can work to end it.
Given that Medi-Cal covers around 5.5 million children—more than half of kids in the state—the number of children not accessing all the preventive services they’re entitled to accounts for close to a quarter of California’s children.
- 25mm napoleonic saxon - infantry 24 figs painted metal - inf (7228)
- Mk.I Design 1 48 MA-48029 F-15C D E K P&W Nozzle & Burner (Opened) for Hasegawa
- Scalextric C3425 Caterham 7 Collector Centre Car
- BB6C Premium 0.3MP 2.4GHz 4 Channel One Key Take Off Wireless One Key Landing
- 2 Montessori Material Moveable Alphabets Baby Early Learning Educational Toy
- 1 18 Maserati Quattroporte 4.2 Litre V8 Ferrari Azure bluee 2003 Rare
- Siku Farmer 2466 Electric Conveyor Belt 1 32
- CYBER-HOBBY DRAGON EXPO 04 EXCLUSIVE WWII COMMANDER OF THE 6TH ARMY 12 FIGURE
- Marvel Select Zombie Colonel America MIB MOC Captain America 2007
- 3 x LEGO STAR WARS SETS - 75195 75196 and 75197 - NEW
- McFarlane Sports NFL Football Series 14 Reggie Bush Variant Action Figure .
- 1 6 Female Vest Shorts & Long Sofa Couch for 12'' Hot Toys Sideshow Figure
- 2003 Chaos Ogre Command Champion Mutant Citadel Warhammer Army Kingdoms Ettin GW
- Colossus Marvel Limited Mini Bust by Bowen Designs Serial d 4908 5000 - RARE
- ET Model 1 35 E35222 M1126 M1130 Stryker ICV Detail Up Set for AFV Club
- Castle - 1 10th Mambamax Pro ESC And CM36 Sensorless Brushless Car Motor Combo
- BRIO Mighty Red Action Locomotive
- Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta Bianco Italia Metallizzato 1 43 - BBRC187F BBR
- Brooklin 1 43 Scale BRK9 026 - 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery Deaf Society 1 Of 200
- Trax TR66B Ford XW Falcon Ute - Diamond White
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Thor's Weapon Quest SET 76102 AVENGERS INFINITY WAR x
For close to four decades, the Lanterman Act has supported people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in California with a network of centers offering specialized care.
We need our elected representatives in Sacramento to stand up to Big Oil and hold the industry accountable for the harms it is causing in our communities and around the world.
The murder of a Fresno woman by her partner on May 4 is a reminder of the dangers many domestic violence survivors confront when trying to leave a relationship, police and experts said.
Untreated mood and anxiety disorders associated with pregnancy are costing California billions of dollars in health care spending, social services expenses and productivity losses, according to a new report.
I blame no one for my daughter’s death, but looking back I recognize that there were opportunities for the teachers, coaches and family members to intervene and possibly save her.
Researchers at the University of Southern California and Occidental College have come up with a roadmap for transitioning the state to a low-carbon economy while improving the lives of the state’s most marginalized people.
OP ED: For Our LGBT Community, We Need a Better Violence Against Women Act via @calhealthreport